Monday, January 28, 2008

WHITE SAUCE!!!

Over the weekend I’ve made a great personal discovery. I found out what the white sauce is on the chicken over rice platters I wrote about earlier! While this may not seem like anything special (to anyone), it haunted me for years. Now I can share it with everyone else. Hopefully, people who had the same addiction I had will be able to make this on their own and enjoy street meat any day of the week.

“White sauce”

½ cup of plain whole milk yogurt
3 tablespoons tahini paste (ground sesame seeds)
Juice from ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Water

Mix yogurt, tahini paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix in water to get a consistency that can be squeeze out of a typical restaurant-supply condiment bottle. Pour this over sautéed chicken thighs and rice cooked with sazon, and you’ll half-assed see what the craze is all about, nothing beats the original. I’m very curious to see if people will love this sauce as much as I do, so if you happen upon this recipe please respond back with your findings.

No comments: