Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hi Everyone!

Since childhood, most of my greatest pleasures were derived from food. I always enjoyed helping out in the kitchen, having people over for dinner, and the holidays were always a time for indulgence in food and fun. Everyone can share these experiences and can appreciate the correlation between cooking and family and friends, or food and great memories.

I’ve always had an interest in food and the preparation of food. This interest has definitely left me in a worse shape than I should be, but let it never be said that I didn’t enjoy myself. People find it funny that the only real TV I watch is the Food Network and I talk about chefs as people would rock stars. It’s this interest that made want to start a website dedicated to what I consider my hobby. I’d like to meet and talk to others who have the same passion as I do.

While planning everything out (for the blog), I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish with it, and here it is:

- Discuss ideas and concepts in cooking, food, and entertaining in a forum environment.
- Put up recipes that span various genres and utilizing a variety of ingredients.
- Writing up cooking 101 articles for people who want to get into cooking but don’t necessarily know how.
- Write up reviews for products and manufacturers and solicit reviews from people who own them.
- Write up experiences in entertaining, horror stories, lessons learned, Etc. And solicit those same stories from others.
- Discuss favorite restaurants, cooking shows, and chefs
- And (hopefully) much more!


I hope you are able to enjoy what this lowly blog has to offer. I hope you can learn new ideas to share with your family and friends, and most importantly have a good time with all the information.

No comments: