Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield may induce nausea!

I watched the movie Cloverfield last night with some friends. After months of no information and loads of speculation on the internet I was excited to see how this movie would all pan out. Good show, very exciting at parts, but watching that hand held camera move and shake got me sick 15 minutes into the movie. Anyway, it was worth it. There was one scene where they were running down a street I thought to be near Grand Central and, believe it or not, it brought back a great food memory. I used to work in the city and would always get this chicken over rice at this hugely popular street cart. It was simple enough: yellow rice, chicken, lettuce, tomato, double hot sauce, and double white sauce. That's right white sauce! I didn't know what it was, but if I didn't have it, I'd go nuts. Watching that scene of them running from sure death, reminded me of myself running for chicken platters before my 30 minute lunch period was up. I always wondered what that creamy sauce was, and while I was looking around different food sites, I came across a fan site for one of the street carts serving this magnificiant platter.Truly gourmet street food! http://53rdand6th.com/

So, my friends, if you happen to work in NYC, and see this page, please, do us all a favor. Find out what the hell that white sauce is!!!

No comments: